Woking Borough Council have signed up to a scheme called airAlert, which is a service warning local residents who have respiratory problems of whenever the air pollution in Woking is going to be high. This is a free subscription service which individuals, who suffer from asthma, COPD, emphysema or other respiratory illnesses, can sign up to, and they will receive either an email, text message or voicemail giving an advanced warning of high pollution levels. Further information can be obtained from the airAlert page.
Further sources of information
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Encyclopeadia of the Atmospheric Environment.
- London Air Quality Network – Environmental Research Group at King’s College London. A ‘not for profit’ organisation monitoring air pollution over South-East England, disseminating real-time pollution information via their website.
- Enviromental Protection UK
- UK National Air Quality Archive.